First of all, what is plastic
1) Plastic raw materials (wholesale of LC plastic raw materials, high temperature resistant plastic materials, PPS, LCP, PET, PA, PES plastic raw material suppliers): the main component is resin, which is composed of polymer synthetic resin as the main component and infiltrated into various auxiliary materials A material or additive, which has plasticity and mobility at a specific temperature and pressure, can be molded into a certain shape, and remains a material that does not change in shape under certain conditions;
2) Plastic has good insulation properties for electricity, heat and sound: electrical insulation, arc resistance, heat preservation, sound insulation, sound absorption, vibration absorption, and sound silencing performance.
3) Most of the plastic raw materials are extracted from some oils. The most familiar part of the PC material (polycarbonate plastic) is extracted from petroleum.
PC material has a gasoline smell when it is burned; ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene copolymer plastic) is extracted from coal,
ABS will be in the form of soot when it is burned out; POM (polyoxymethylene plastic) is extracted from natural gas,
POM has a very smelly gas smell when it's done burning.
Characteristics of general plastic raw materials (LC plastic raw materials wholesale, high temperature resistant plastic materials, PPS, LCP, PET, PA, PES plastic raw material suppliers):
1) The plastic material is compressed by heat, and the coefficient of linear expansion is much larger than that of metal;
2) The stiffness of general plastic materials is an order of magnitude lower than that of metals;
3) The mechanical properties of plastic raw materials will be significantly reduced under prolonged heating;
4) Generally, plastic raw materials are temporarily stressed at room temperature and under a stress lower than its yield strength, and permanent deformation will occur;
5)Wholesale of plastic raw materials is very sensitive to gap damage;
6) The mechanical properties of plastic raw materials are usually much lower than those of metals, but the specific strength and specific modulus of some composite materials are higher than those of metals. If the product design is reasonable, it will be more advantageous;
7) Generally, the mechanical properties of reinforced plastic raw materials are anisotropic;
8) Some plastic materials will absorb moisture and cause changes in size and performance;
9) Some plastics are flammable.
Plastic raw material classification (LC plastic raw material wholesale, high temperature resistant plastic material, PPS, LCP, PET, PA, PES plastic raw material supplier)
Plastic raw materials follow the molecular structure of synthetic resins and are mainly divided into thermoplastic and thermosetting plastics: thermoplastic plastics refer to plastics that are still plastic after repeated heating: mainly PE÷PP÷PVC÷PS÷ABS÷PMMA÷POM÷PC÷PA and other common raw materials. Thermosetting plastics mainly refer to plastics made from heat-hardening synthetic resins, such as some phenolic plastics and amino plastics, which are not commonly used.
According to the scope of application, there are mainly general-purpose plastics such as PE÷PP÷PVC÷PS, etc., and engineering plastics such as ABS÷POM÷PC÷PA and other commonly used types. In addition, there are some special plastics such as high temperature, high humidity and corrosion resistance and other plastics modified for special purposes.
Now you should be clear, plastic is not plastic, but its main component is resin, and the main component of plastic is also resin. The two are just the same main component, not the same thing.
Post time: Sep-17-2022